When disaster strikes, you face two main challenges: restoring your operations as fast as possible, and coping with extraordinary circumstances. Mineral Gap is positioned and constructed to help you excel with both of those imperatives, can serve as a hot, warm or cold site, and is ideal for integration into your cloud-based disaster recovery strategy.
We provide continuous operational continuity and ready-to-go infrastructure for disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), with experts available around the clock, cutting-edge technologies, and backup systems for connectivity, power and cooling. Mineral Gap delivers the resiliency, capacity and reliability required to keep your business running in the event of a manmade or natural disaster.
Today’s disaster recovery services, whether cloud-based or not, are practically unimaginable without a remote data center at its core. By deploying DRaaS, businesses can keep a replica of their data hosted at Mineral Gap’s data center that they can failover to in an emergency, without bearing any of the infrastructure costs or maintenance responsibilities. With the burden of maintaining secondary hardware to store replicated data for disaster recovery purposes transferred to the Mineral Gap data center, a company’s IT department can shift spending from capital expenditures to operational expenditures. Without having to own the hardware or being responsible for its maintenance, Mineral Gap frees its client business IT teams from having to keep disaster recovery experts on staff.
In addition, Mineral Gap is equipped with:
- Priority fueling in times of crisis and shortage.
- A 7,000-square-foot fenced-in satellite farm enclosure with eight large concrete satellite dish antenna pads.
- Emergency backup power via the administration-area 650 kW Cummins generator.
- Direct cross-connects to data PODs to support equipment.
- Mobile Asset Pads (MAPs) as Secure Disaster Recovery pads for mobile communications, satcom and continuity of operations for event-driven responses and training/exercising.